Hi, I’m Pete. I’m a programmer and a technical recruiter. This is my blog! Most people come here because they want to:
1. Build a better resume
Great, I’ve got you covered, and it’s all 100% free. You can see all my articles about that in the better resume section. Two of my favorites are:
I also wrote a pretty (and free!) popular guide that takes you from start to finish in crafting a resume that’ll get you hired, which I’ll send to you if you subscribe to fortnightly updates:
If you send me an email directly, I might help you fix up your resume as part of my regular readers resume checkups: I’m at [email protected]
2. Ace a technical interview
Awesome work getting an interview! There’s a list of all those articles in the interviews section. Remember that:
- You want to be interesting rather than just right
- It’s really important to show your working
- Different technical tests require different approaches and preparation
3. Get paid more
Who doesn’t want to get paid more? It’s easy if you make sure you understand the process, and that’s mostly what you’ll find in my Salaries and Getting Paid More section. You should make sure that you understand:
- Different people have different priorities when determining your salary
- Counter-offers can be your friend, and recruiters who say otherwise are lying to you
… but … where to start?
If you’re anything like me, you’ll find a free-form list of only somewhat organized reading like that to be a bit intimidating. What if you miss something important? What if you don’t do it in the right order? Will the interview gatekeepers literally eat you alive?
I’ve got your back.
- Make sure you don’t miss anything new and important! You can follow along new articles as they come up by following me on social media (100% no photos of what I’m eating):
… or I’m happy to email them to you. As a bonus, the first email you’ll get will be my guide to writing a developer resume that’ll get you hired, which at current count has been read by more than 130,000 people:
- Head over to my new readers’ section, where you’ll see articles I think you should read, and in what order
OK, that’s all I’ve got to say right now. Enjoy the content on the site, and feel free to email me if you’ve got any questions: [email protected]